Humra Bihar Mein (Poem, Transliteration-Translation)
The song Humra Bihar Mein moved me and I took the help of my fellow poet, Shekhar Jha, to understand the poem and write this. So thank you, Shekhar Jha. The song is from the series Bihar Chapter: Khakee which focuses on a true crime by Mahto in 1998. The story focuses on many aspects that make a criminal: caste politics, personal anguish etc. And this poem is a voice of the same. I believe that we can, in our own way, be kind and good to each other and let every one feel that we are different but the same. Poem : On the land of Buddha Are farmed guns Once the children of peace Now our rights are seized Even a child cannot dare To miss a bullet’s stare We will shoot you directly in the head No one across districts can question me about the dead Dare you stare at me Like I am a double-barreled gun We are all insane stripped out of basics, I am not the only one ** Transliteration-Translation: Buddha ki dharti ki parti Par ugal raha bando...
.png)
Comments
Post a Comment